Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship...training for a brighter future
Our apprenticeships are suitable for school leavers looking to start their careers and those already working in a role who want to gain an industry related qualification…
Beauty Therapy is an industry that is growing tremendously worldwide!
Beauty NVQ’s are set by HABIA -The Hairdressing and Beauty Industry Authority. Qualified therapists can enjoy opportunities in a wide variety of businesses such as – health farms, cruise liners, beauty and hairdressing salons, mobile, sports clubs or even teaching.
Intermediate Apprenticeships (Standards)
- Learning while you are employed full-time with a salon
- A level 2 Standard in Beauty Therapy and Functional Skills in Mathematics & English at level 1
- Learning on ‘day release’ at one of our commercial training centres
You will cover the following units:
- Provide facial treatments
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Provide waxing services
- Apply make up
- Provide manicures and hand treatments
- Provide pedicures and foot treatments
- Provide basic massage treatments
Advanced Apprenticeships (Frameworks)
- Learning while you are employed full time by a salon
- A level 3 QCF/NVQ and Functional Skills in Mathematics & English at level 2
- Learning on ‘day release’ at a HOET training centre
- You will be responsible for:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Provide body electrical treatments
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide electrical epilation treatments
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- Provide tanning treatments
- Provide indian head massage
Want to know if this apprenticeship suits your job role? Download our helpful skills scan by clicking here.
Options and pay
The apprenticeship is usually full time employed with a local employer.
Will I get paid?
Employed apprentices will be paid a minimum rate of £3.70 per hour (often more). Apprenticeship wage accurate as of 1st April 2018.
Will I need a uniform?
Yes – If you are studying an apprenticeship in Hairdressing or Beauty Therapy with us and are on day release from your salon you will need to order a tunic through www.mycollegeuniform.com. Click the links below for logins, instructions and FAQs…
Anything else I need to know?
Our learners are encouraged to participate in a number of extra-curricular activities, including regular trips and workshops, attending local, regional and national events, taking part in charity fundraising as well as entering industry competitions.
If you’re wanting to start your career in Beauty Therapy, check out some of our vacancies listed below or complete our online enquiry form and we’ll be in touch with the latest opportunities in your area and support you with your application.