Customer Service Apprenticeship...training for a brighter future
Our apprenticeships are suitable for school leavers looking to start their careers and those already working in a role who want to gain an industry related qualification…
Customer Service comes into almost every job, opportunities are many and varied and found in most organisations.
The standards that you work towards are set by The Institute of Customer Service. You can join the institute as a student member if you are studying one of these qualifications.
Intermediate Apprenticeships (Standards)
As part of the Apprenticeship Reforms, we will be moving from Frameworks to Standards throughout 2018. The Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Standard involves:
- Learning whilst you are employed full time. You will be expected to hold a suitable customer service related position to achieve this qualification.
- A Pass / Merit / Distinction in the new apprenticeship standard and Functional Skills in Mathematics & English
- Attendance of a total of 7 full day workshops (5x Customer Service and 2x Preparing for Gateway) to complement your training. The 5 Customer Service Workshops will be held on the second Wednesday of each month from June to October 2018 inclusive.
- You will be required to participate in an End Point Assessment which will include an apprentice showcase, a practical observation and and a review of your CPD log
- A programme lasting up to 18 months however you can work at your own pace to finish sooner!
To view the standard in more detail, please visit the City & Guilds website.
Want to know if this apprenticeship is suited to your job role? Download our helpful strand sheet by clicking here.
13th June 2018 – Rugby
11th July 2018 – Rugby
8st August 2018 – Rugby
12th September 2018 – Rugby
10th October 2018 – Rugby
To register your interest for this apprenticeship, reserve your place on the series of workshops, or to discuss the qualification in more detail please complete contact form below.
Advanced Apprenticeships (Frameworks)
The Advanced Apprenticeship Involves:
- Learning while you are employed full time
- A level 3 QCF/NVQ, a level 3 Certificate in Customer Service and Functional Skills in Mathematics & English
- Learning on ‘day release’ at a HOET Centre or in your workplace
- A programme lasting up to 12 months, however you can work at your own pace to
You will cover the following mandatory QCF units plus a selection of optional units:
- Demonstrate understanding of customer service
- Demonstrate understanding of rules that impact on improvements on customer service
Examples of optional units:
- Deal with customers face to face
- Champion customer service
- Monitor and solve customer service problems
- Manage customer service performance
Click here for the full list of units for level 3
Want to know if this apprenticeship is suited to your job role? Download our helpful skills scan by clicking here.
Options and pay
The apprenticeship in Customer Service is usually full time employed with a local employer.
Will I get paid?
Employed apprentices will be paid a minimum rate of £3.50 per hour (often more). Apprenticeship wage accurate as of 1st April 2017.
Anything else I need to know?
The Intermediate Apprenticeship (Standard) includes a total of 7 mandatory workshops (for large cohorts from the same company these can be tailored to suit your individual business needs) and the Advanced Apprenticeship (Framework) is enhanced by two excellence in customer service day courses at no extra charge.
Heart of England Training also offer a wide range of ‘Every learner matters‘ sessions, trips and workshops to support your needs.