Facilities Services Apprenticeship..training for a brighter future
Let’s be clear.. you CAN leave school at 16 and join one of our courses or apprenticeships.
This apprenticeship is designed for learners working in a school, leisure centre or large premises environment and allows learners to develop the skills required for employment and career progression within the facilities sector.
The average salary once qualified in this role is £17,800
- Learning whilst you are employed
- A level two certificate in Facilities Services and Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Learning in your workplace
- A programme lasting twelve months, however you can work at your own pace and finish sooner
You will cover the following mandatory NVQ/QCF units plus a selection of optional units to suit the needs of you and your employer.
- Reduce risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Promote and maintain service delivery
- Contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of premises and facilities
- Develop customer relationships
Examples of optional units:
- Maintain site security and safety
- Control the use of premises and facilities
- Carry out maintenance and minor repairs
This apprenticeship also includes a technical certificate in Technical Certificate in Facilities Services Principles.
Will I get paid?
The National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £3.50 per hour (often more). Apprenticeship wage accurate as of 1 April 2017.
Heart of England Training also offer a wide range of ‘Every learner matters‘ sessions, trips and workshops to support your needs.