Information Technology Apprenticeship..training for a brighter future
Let’s be clear.. you CAN leave school at 16 and join one of our courses or apprenticeships.
Information Technology (working with computers) is involved in nearly all walks of life. The I.T. Apprenticeship is an excellent first step on the ladder to becoming an I.T. professional. The standards that you work towards are set by ITNTO – The Information Technology National Training Organisation.
- Learning while you are employed full time
- A level 2 NVQ and Functional Skills in Mathematics & English
- Learning on ‘Day release’ at a HOET Centre or in your workplace
- A learning programme lasting up to 18 months, however you can work at your own
pace to finish sooner if you wish!
You will cover the following mandatory units plus a minimum of 4 optional units:
- Make selective use of IT
- Contributing to the effectiveness of the information technology working environment
- Enabling the use of information technology
- Ensuring your own actions reduce the risk to health and safety
- Improving your own effectiveness in the Information Technology working environment
Click here for the full list of units for this qualification
- Learning while you are employed ful time
- A level 3 NVQ/QCF and Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Learning in your work place
- A programme lasting 18 months, however you can work at your pace and finish sooner.
You will cover a number of units in this qualification, examples are:
- Improving productivity using IT
- Optimise IT system performance
- Data management software
- Specialist software
Options and pay
The apprenticeship in Information Technology is usually full time employed with a local employer.
Will I get paid?
Employed apprentices will be paid a minimum rate of £3.50 per hour (often more). Apprenticeship wage accurate as of 1st April 2017.
Anything else I need to know?
Heart of England Training also offer a wide range of ‘Every learner matters‘ sessions, trips and workshops to support your needs.