Warehousing Apprenticeship...training for a brighter future
Our apprenticeships are suitable for school leavers looking to start their careers and those already working in a role who want to gain an industry related qualification…
This apprenticeship is for learners that are employed in a warehousing or storage job. You can progress to be a warehouse supervisor or even go on to manage your own section.
The average UK salary qualified in Warehousing is £13,765.
Intermediate Apprenticeship (Frameworks)
- Learning whilst you are employed
- A level two certificate in Warehousing and Storage and Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Learning in your workplace
- A programme lasting twelve months, however you can work at your own pace and finish sooner
You will cover the following mandatory NVQ/QCF units plus a selection of optional units to suit the needs of you and your employer.
- Health, safety and security at work
- Develop effective working relationships with colleagues in logistic operations
Examples of optional units:
- Assemble orders for dispatch in logistics operations
- Pick goods in logistics operations
- Use a forklift side-loader in logistics operations
Options and pay
The apprenticeship in Warehousing is usually full time employed with a local employer.
Will I get paid?
Employed apprentices will be paid a minimum rate of £3.70 per hour (often more). Apprenticeship wage accurate as of 1st April 2018.
Anything else I need to know?
Heart of England Training also offer a wide range of ‘Every learner matters‘ sessions, trips and workshops to support your needs.